Recipe Corner - Grape Chicken Salad
A Heartland Spa favorite, our Grape Chicken Salad recipe is sure to please and makes the perfect addition to your summer lunch menu. Serve it on top of a fresh garden salad or enjoy it as a sandwich with lettuce and sliced tomato.
⅔ cup celery, chopped
½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
2 table spoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup red onion, diced
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
⅛ teaspoon white pepper
2½ cups chicken breast, no skin, no bone, cooked cubed
1½ cups seedless grapes, halved or quartered
8 whole wheat buns (optional)
1. Lightly spray a baking pan with spray pan coating.
2. Pre-heat oven to 350º.
3. Bake chicken for 20 minutes or until done. Let cool.
4. Combine first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
5. Cube cooked chicken and cut grapes in half.
6. Add chicken and grapes to bowl and mix.
Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Information per Serving
290 calories; 8g Fat (25.5% calories from fat); 22g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 50 mg Cholesterol; 358 mg Sodium.