Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salad!
There’s nothing like grilling on a beautiful summer evening. So the next time you fire up the grill, treat your friends and family to a Heartland favorite…our delicious Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salad!
½ cup orange juice
½ cup lime juice
¼ cup onion, grated
¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped and peeled
2 ounces Chipotle Chile canned in adobo
¾ cup cucumber, deseeded and diced
½ cup plum tomato, deseeded and diced
½ cup avocado, peeled and diced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
4 6-ounce salmon fillets
¼ teaspoon salt
1. To prepare sauce, place ½ cup orange juice and the next five ingredients (add 1½ chipotle chilies) in a blender, and process until smooth.
2. To prepare salsa, combine diced cucumber, tomato, avocado, and cilantro into a small bowl.
3. Sprinkle fish with salt.
4. Heat a grill over medium-high heat.
5. Coat the grill with cooking spray.
6. Cook fish until desired degree of doneness is achieved.
7. Arrange grilled salmon over rice, top with salsa, and drizzle with sauce.
Yield: 4 servings (1 grilled salmon fillet, ½ cup rice, ½ cup salsa, and about ₁/₃ cup sauce)
Nutritional Information per Serving:
276 calories; 9g fat (29% calories from fat); 37 g protein; 13 g carbohydrate; 2 g dietary fiber; 89 mg cholesterol; 902 mg sodium.