Our Very Yummy Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
Blueberry season is finally here! Filled with antioxidants and vitamin C, blueberries have been known to boost the immunity system and prevent infections. So in addition to tasting delicious, our very yummy blueberry yogurt muffins are good for you, too!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 8 oz. yogurt, low fat
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in the center of the mixture.
2. Combine orange juice and next 4 ingredients, stir well.
3. Add dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
4. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly. Sprinkle sugar evenly on batter.
6. Bake at 400º for 18 minutes or until golden. Remove from pans immediately, let cool on wire rack.
Yield: 12 muffins
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 137, Fat: 3 g (19% calories from fat), Protein: 3 g, Carbohydrates: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Cholesterol: 16 mg, Sodium: 196 mg