The Best Deal of the Year is Finally Here
and Will Sell Out FAST!
Two for the price of one!
You've asked for it. You've wondered when it would be coming back. Guess what? The best deal of the year is finally here…it's time for The Heartland Spa's "2 for the price of 1" special!
Our "2 for the price of 1" vacation getaway is an incredible opportunity for you and a friend or family member to enjoy all that The Heartland has to offer at the lowest price ever! Simply pay the single rate and bring a companion for FREE, but you must make your reservation to stay with us during the months of October, November and December 2011. If you are traveling solo, we have a great deal for you, too…come enjoy a private room at the shared room rate!
The Heartland features all-inclusive 2, 3 and 5-night health, fitness and pampering packages guaranteed to rejuvenate your body and soul. Our "2 for the price of 1" special includes overnight accommodations, all meals and snacks, use of our fitness facility and pool, exercise classes, guest speaker presentations, and 40-minute full body massages for you and your guest. At The Heartland, there are never any hidden fees or unexpected "extras." Everything mentioned above is included in one unbeatable price!
As has happened in years past, this great value sells out very quickly…in fact, several dates in October have sold out already! If you know you are able to get away during the months of October, November and December, I encourage you to book your reservation as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me or call the office, which is open 7 days a week. The entire Heartland family looks forward to welcoming you home to The Heartland.
Yours in health,
Harold Lebovic, President
Heartland Spa & Fitness Resort
PS: Don't worry if you've already made a reservation for you and a guest to stay with us in October, November or December. We will gladly adjust the rates so you can enjoy our special "2 for the price of 1" offer! I call this our "fearless reservation."
Can't make it this year? Reserve now for anytime in 2012 and be guaranteed our 2011 prices! Ask our personal care representatives for details.
Speaking of Saving Money…
Take a look at these tips for saving money at the grocery store!
We asked our guests and some of our guest speakers to share their best money saving tips for grocery shopping, and here's what they had to say:
- Plan ahead. Use your grocery store's weekly circular to make a list of all meals and snacks for the entire family, so you focus on those items that are sale priced. You'll be amazed at how much you will save.
- Although processed, pre-packaged meals are quick and easy, they are not good for your wallet or your health. Not only are they typically more expensive, but they are loaded with unhealthy ingredients.
- Avoid waste by buying just enough fresh vegetables, fruits and meats to last for three or four days. If you buy more than that, you're sure to throw some of it away.
- Plan what to buy, where to buy it and when to buy it. Do your best to coordinate your trip to the grocery store with other nearby errands, so you can save money and gas.
- Before making a selection, always check the tab below the product, which usually indicates the cost per ounce. Even though something may be listed as a sales item, it may not be lower in price than another competitive brand.
- When checking out, keep an eye on the checker and the prices being scanned. Sometimes things mistakenly scan twice and it's better to catch it at the store than when you get home.
- If a price comes up that seems wrong, don't be afraid to question it. More often than not, you are right!
- And, Harold's favorite…Never shop hungry and stick to your list. If something is not on the list, do not buy it!
Do you have a money-saving grocery tip that you'd like to share with our readers? If so, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who says a salad has to be boring? Certainly not our beloved Chef Barb! The following recipe is a Heartland favorite and is often requested by our guests in advance of their arrival. Now, you can enjoy it at the Heartland AND at home.
Chinese Chicken Salad with Toasted Almonds
1 2/3 pounds romaine lettuce
7/8 pound red cabbage, shredded
1 1/3 bunches green onion, chopped
4-6 ounces chicken breasts, grilled and sliced
1/3 bag of 12 ounce chow mein noodles
1/2 cup toasted almonds
Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing (recipe below)
Combine lettuce, cabbage, onion, noodles and dressing.
Top with grilled chicken and toasted almonds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Value Per Serving Without Dressing:
Calories: 270, Fat: 15g, Protein: 19 g, Carbohydrates: 15 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Cholesterol: 44 mg, Sodium: 119 mg.
Chinese Chicken Salad Dressing
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/8 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable stock
Whisk together and serve. Makes 1 and 1/4 cups. Yield: 8 servings
Nutritional Value Per Serving of Dressing Alone:
Calories: 95, Fat: 9 g, trace amounts of Protein, Carbohydrates, and Dietary Fiber, Cholesterol: 126 mg, Sodium: 119 mg.
2 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped onions
2 cups chopped celery
1 head garlic, cut in half
1. In stockpot, place vegetables and 4 quarts cold water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 1 hour or until piece of carrot has no flavor when tasted.
2. Strain and discard cooked vegetables from stock. Stock may be used immediately or refrigerated for up to 1 week. Or, portion stock into freezer containers and freeze for up to 6 months.
Yield: 4 quarts
Per serving (1 cup)
Calories: 21, Fat: 0 g, Protein: 1 g, Carbohydrate: 5 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 143 mg
|Guest Speakers at the Heartland
We've got some wonderful guest speakers lined up at The Heartland Spa! If you are interested in booking your stay so you can enjoy one of their presentations, please contact our office at 815-683-2182 to check availability. One of our personal care representatives will be happy to assist you.
September 16 - 18
Bev Rogers - Life on a Balance Beam
September 23 - 25
Tricia Crisafulli - Discovering the Story of Your Life
October 7- 9
Dr. Cheryl Woodson - It's Fight or Flight, not Stand and Stress
$100 Gift Certificates for YOU and a Friend!
Would you like $100 OFF your next 2, 3 or 5 night all-inclusive getaway at The Heartland Spa? Do you have a friend who would enjoy it, too? Simply LIKE us on Facebook, click on the SAVE $100 link (you’ll see it on the left hand side), and you’ll be able to print an instant $100 gift certificate to be used anytime you’d like! Print two, and share one with a friend. Unfortunately, the $100 gift certificates may not be combined with our 2 for 1 special. We look forward to seeing you!
Facebook Contest Underway --- Win a one-night stay!
Our Facebook fan base is growing larger every day! Simply become the 900th person to LIKE the Heartland Spa and you will win a one-night stay on us! If you are already a fan, suggest our page to your friends, and if one of them wins our contest, perhaps you'll be invited as his or her guest! Thank you to those of you who have already LIKED us. We appreciate your support and welcome your posts.
Visit Us On TripAdvisor
You Can Also Review The Heartland Spa
Call Now For
The Heartland Spa Recipe Collection is Available Now
Our Customer Care Representatives are Available to Assist You 7 Days a Week.