Ingredients: 4 cups arborio rice 4 shallots 1/4 cup garlic 1/4 cup olive oil 1 pound asparagus, blanched, sliced 2 cups Parmesan cheese 1 gallon vegetable stock
1. Heat the vegetable stock in a saucepan. Heat more than one gallon to be sure you have enough.
2. In a separate saucepan, sauté the shallots in the olive oil until it browns.
3. Add the garlic, continue to sauté for a minute.
4. Add the rice, stirring into the garlic and shallots.
5. Add four or five cups of stock and simmer, stirring slowly, until it is almost all absorbed.
6. Continue to simmer and to add stock, a half cup at a time. Stir until it is almost absorbed, the rice is cooked, and it has a creamy texture.
7. Add the Parmesan and stir through the rice.
8. Salt and pepper to taste.
9. Add the asparagus and serve.
Yield: 12 Servings Per Serving: Calories: 381, Fat: 9 g (21.7% calories from fat)